How Could I Help My Baby Feed Better?
Here are some ways to help your baby feed better, if you think he is not getting enough milk.
- Hold your baby skin-to-skin while breastfeeding.
- Help your milk flow by using a warm cloth on your breast and/or express a little milk by hand before latching your baby.
- Massage your breasts gently before and/or during the feed to improve the flow of milk to your baby.
- Make sure your baby is latched well and that you see him sucking and swallowing breastmilk.
- Use breast compressions to increase the flow of milk to your baby, especially if he is sleepy or has a weak suck.
- Switch him to your other breast when his sucking and swallowing.
- Try to re-latch your baby.